Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh, did I mention? I'm doing another race!

Wow, late summer/early fall turns out to be a low energy point for me. It's almost as though I had a job that left the summer free for pursuing any activity I wish, and then became madly busy in early September ... oh, wait.

So, I didn't do the Vermont race I'd been planning. This was for two primary reasons: (1) August 25-26 turned out to be move-in weekend for UVM, which I deemed not to be the best time one might choose for visiting Burlington. And (2) I just didn't really wanna. (I went diving twice that weekend, instead. It was lovely. Well, Friday was lovely. Sunday's conditions were sort of lousy, and we ended up with this really long surface swim against the current and ... oh, am I digressing?)

This means I'm still at 7. But not for long!

This coming Saturday, I will be (Lord willing and the creeks don't rise) running the Imagination Library 5k in my dad's hometown of Fayetteville, TN. My sister and I will both be going doing for the weekend, hanging out with our Aunt Kate, and enjoying a little Tennessee air—possibly from the porch swing.

I haven't been great about training lately, but I had a pretty good run this evening, faster than my usual training time. I'm feeling reasonably optimistic about finishing in under 0:30:00; anything shorter than half an hour, and I'm really quite a happy girl.

I'll let y'all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment