Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Ready for the 10% Mark!

Today, I registered for my next race. It will be another 5K, this time in New London, CT: the 5K River Run for the Fund. As with my previous race, I found it only by googling running races in a state I hadn't covered yet, so I can't take credit for choosing a good cause. Having chosen it, however, I can encourage anyone reading this to help out:

From what I'm finding on the website, the "Fund" in question is the James A. Greenleaf Memorial Scholarship Fund. Founded after the tragic death of James Greenleaf in 2001, the fund now provides "financial assistance to students attending St. Bernards High School as well as graduating seniors from Waterford High School, Fitch High School and New London High School towards their college tuition."

If you would like to contribute to the fund, please find instructions by following this link.

Meanwhile, I guess I'd better get out and run some more. I did ok in Portsmouth without much of any training, but I'd like to improve on that showing for this one.

Looking forward to finishing this one, and being 10% done! Hard to believe that's happening already!

No comments:

Post a Comment